When booking with Carden Historic Cottages you are entering into a binding contract.
1. References to 'us' and 'we' in these Terms and Conditions relate to the owner and the manager of the holiday accommodation and references to 'you' or 'your' relate to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. When we email confirmation of a reservation to you, the owner enters into a contract with you, which is subject to these Booking Terms and Conditions.
2. Your Booking - We shall confirm a reservation upon receipt of a deposit (usually 25%). You must be over 18 years of age at the time of making your booking. Your booking is made as a consumer and you accept that we will not be liable for any business losses you may incur. We can refuse any booking and we will promptly return any monies you have paid and be under no other liability. As soon as you receive a booking confirmation, you must check it carefully. If there are any errors you must tell us immediately.
3. Payment - You must provide your payment details during the booking process. Non-payment of your balance monies, when they become due, will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment. Full payment must be made 6 weeks before the start date of your holiday. We are under no obligation to remind you that payment is due. We will attempt to contact you by email only and accept no liability in the event that the email address listed for you does not deliver a message to you. Once cancelled we may remove any discount value from your booking and require you to pay the full list price to reinstate your holiday.
4. Cancellation by YOU - If you have to cancel your holiday, for whatever reason, you must immediately CANCEL ONLINE USING OUR SELF SERVICE OPTION. Our cancellation policy is:
We are not required by law to give you a cooling off period, however, if you make a genuine mistake on your booking and cancel your booking using self-service within 24 hours then at our discretion we can make alterations and apply for appropriate refunds.
At least 6 weeks before your holiday
We will retain your deposit (25%) and any admin fees but will refund the remaining balance on request.
Within 6 Weeks
The full balance paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
We STRONGLY recommend that guests take out their own travel insurance to cover this eventuality.
5. If you write to us and ask us to cancel your booking for you we will consider your booking as being cancelled at the date and time we are able to action the cancellation. This may put you into the next refunds category. You are able to reinstate a booking that has been cancelled at any time while the dates remain available and upon payment of your final balance.
6. Changes - If it is possible to accommodate changes you want to make to your booking, we will. We will charge an administration fee of £20. Some changes are not permitted after you have fully paid or less than 6 weeks prior to your holiday.
You can extend your holiday by adding extra days to the beginning or end of your break if they are available and match our changeover days. We will recalculate your holiday and charge you at the current retail price (no decrease in payment is permitted).
You can slip your dates earlier in time if the dates are available. We will recalculate your holiday and charge you at the current retail price (no decrease in payment is permitted).
Cancel / Rebook
You can change your dates and/or accommodation choice completely up to the final payment date 6 weeks before your holiday. Cancel your booking as soon as you know you need to do this, and then rebook online anytime up to your original booking start date. (Your new booking must be of equal or higher value, and you can only rebook your holiday once.)
7. Behaviour - We are entitled to ask you to leave the holiday property or refuse you entry, without refund of monies paid or any other liability to you, if in our reasonable opinion your behaviour is unacceptable or we believe is likely to be unacceptable (see Condition 14).
8. Website Accuracy - We do everything we can to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on our website. However, inputting errors, unfortunately, can happen. We cannot accept responsibility for changes to or closures of local amenities/facilities and attractions etc. referred to, which clearly are not under our control. All distances are approximate. If you are booking more than 8 weeks in advance of your holiday you should check the accommodation listing again before you pay your final balance to ensure that we have not added, removed or changed anything which would be unacceptable to you since your initial booking.
9. Cancellation or Changes by US - Once we have issued you with a Holiday Confirmation we will do our very best not to make any changes to your booking or to cancel it (except due to non-payment by you). Sometimes though changes do occur before and after bookings have been confirmed and, very occasionally, confirmed bookings have to be cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so. Most changes are minor.
10. Number of Persons using the Holiday Accommodation - Your holiday group must not exceed the maximum number of persons the property will sleep. If it does then we can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or to make you leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of your holiday monies or any compensation.
11. Pets - Pets are only allowed at properties where we advertise they may stay, and where you pay for them to stay (£25.00 per pet). If you take a pet to accommodation that does not allow pets then we can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund. At no time are dogs allowed on the sofas or beds, or to be left unattended in any accommodation. Any garden mess made must be cleared up, as must any mess made in the immediate surroundings of the cottages. Where a secure garden is not available pets should be kept under close supervision preferably on a lead. Pet owners are liable for any damage caused.
12. Children – Children are welcome at our properties and a travel cot and high chair can be provided on request. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the property you are booking is completely suitable for your needs.
13. Arrival and Departure - Arrival and departure times vary according to accommodation and are published on our website during the booking process and are in your arrival instructions pack.
You do not normally have to meet us when you arrive as keys are generally kept in keysafes at the properties. In these cases late check-ins are acceptable so long as you do not disturb other guests or local residents. We will normally ask your approximate arrival time and ensure the property is fully prepared.
Please do not request an early check-in on booking. You may be able to request one a few days before arrival should the accommodation be empty the day before you are due to arrive.
Please do not request a late check-out. You must have vacated the property by the stated departure time, otherwise the owner reserves the right to charge for their housekeeper's time.
If you do not contact us and you have not arrived at the property by noon on the day following the holiday start date we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
14. Your Responsibilities - You must look after the property. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside the property) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday. You must leave the property in the same state of general order in which you found it. If you break these conditions we can make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. We reserve the right to hold a security deposit. Where we hold a security deposit or other funds on account we will take extra fees due from these accounts. You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including but not limited to, other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display rude, dangerous or offensive behaviour towards us or other third parties, we can refuse to allow you possession of the property or ask you to leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
In the same way, if we reasonably believe you are likely to act as above we can proceed as detailed above.
Smoking – all our properties are strictly no smoking.
15. If you have special requests or needs you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking, although we cannot guarantee that any special requests will be met, and failure on our part to meet any special request will not constitute a breach of contract. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that the property you are booking is completely suitable for your needs. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept any bookings that are specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. Such bookings will be treated as 'standard' bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests. If you have a medical problem or disability that may affect your holiday please tell us before you confirm your booking and follow up with details in writing at the time of booking. If we feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline or cancel your booking.
16. Access - You must allow us, or anyone representing us (and any workman who needs to carry out repairs or maintenance) access to the property at any reasonable time during your holiday.
17. Dissatisfaction - Your holiday enjoyment is important to us. We think it is fair that your reasonable holiday expectations should be met. If they are not, it is equally fair that you provide a chance for them to be put right before you come home. It is impossible to investigate problems of a transient nature (property preparation/cleanliness or heating for example) unless you raise them during your holiday. Tell us about your problem and give us a chance to help. If you wait until you get home before telling us about your difficulties, then, unfortunately, we cannot accept any liability.
18. Prices - All prices are in UK pounds sterling. All percentage price modifications for extras and discounts are made in respect of the base price of the holiday. We guarantee that the price we quote for your holiday and subsequently ask you to pay will not change once we have agreed to accept your booking as long as you do not make alterations to price-sensitive elements or use a different payment method from that selected at the time of booking. We will not enter into negotiation about our price list, specifically the fact that our retail prices may be changed up or down while you are deciding on your holiday or after you have made your booking.
19. Personal Details - We require some of your personal details when making a booking in order that we can communicate with you in regards to your holiday. We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and privacy of your personal data. We require a correct address in order to safeguard your payment card against fraud. We require a correct and valid email address as ALL payment reminders and our arrival instructions are sent by email. We will not generally call or write to you unless there is a specific problem which requires us to do so. When you give us your email address we may add it to our mailing list. You are under no obligation to remain on this list.
20. Insurance - We strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance. Carden Historic Cottages cannot be held liable for loss howsoever caused. We do not provide in-house insurance and will not refund you for cancellations made by you for whatever reason. We recommend that you insure yourself against cancellation, curtailment and loss of valuables while away from your own home.